Tasty, healthy meals - Well balanced and nutritious - Enjoyed by Children
Freshly prepared and cooked healthy meals are prepared on site by The School Lunch Company.
Ordering a School Meal
To order your child's lunch please register with SCOPAY (ask the School Office for your personal login details to the SCOPAY system if you do not have them).
Meals are pre-ordered via the SCOPAY app / website with a cut off time of midnight on the day before. You will be able to order up to 3 weeks in advance. Payment is required at the time of ordering, unless your child is eligible for either Universal Infant Free School Meals or Free School Meals when there will be no-charge. Please see below for details.
If you have placed an order and your child changes their mind you can change the choice or cancel the meal up to midnight the night before and a credit will appear on your SCOPAY account. If you have placed an order and your child is unwell and does not attend school, a credit will be issued onto your account.
Cost of each Meal
For pupils in Reception, Years 1 & 2, meals are Free under the Government's Universal Infant Free School Meal Scheme.
For pupils in Years 3-6, meals cost *£2.30.
*Unless you have applied and your child is eligible for Free School Meals -Please see below for details
You can choose to provide a packed lunch from home for your child. We encourage healthy lunch boxes and do not allow sweets, chocolate or fizzy drinks.
We are a nut free school, so please ensure that a home packed lunch does not contain nuts.
Fruit for KS1
Reception, Year 1 and 2 take part in the national school fruit and vegetable scheme. Fresh produce is delivered to school for the pupils to eat every day at breaktime.
Snacks for Morning Break
We encourage parents to provide a healthy and nutritious, low sugar snack in their child's school bag for them to enjoy during morning break.
Sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks or any item containing nuts are not permitted.
Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM)
In September 2014, the Government introduced the Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme providing free lunches for all children in Reception, Years 1 and 2.
Free School Meals (FSM)
From April 2015, the threshold figure which forms part of the tax credit free school meal eligibility category is £16,190.
Pupils whose parents/carers receive the following support payments are entitled to free school meals (assuming the parent does not receive Working Tax Credit).
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive one or more of the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income-based and contribution-based Jobseekers Allowance or ESA on an equal basis
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Working Tax Credit, provided they have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year (eligible for two Year Old Funding only)
- Universal Credit.
How to apply for FSM
Please use this application form or contact the school office to arrange to have one printed off for you to complete.
For more information about school meals, and eligibility for free school meals, please visit the Oxfordshire County Council School Meals page.