Badgemore Primary School Home-School agreement
Working together for your child's education
At Badgemore Primary School, it is important that pupils, parents/carers and staff respect each other’s contributions and work together to achieve the highest possible levels of success for all pupils.
The Responsibilities of the School
We aim to:
- Provide an inspiring, safe and secure learning environment.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and encourages and challenges every pupil to reach their full potential.
- Promote high standards of behaviour so we can maintain a safe and nurturing learning environment for all pupils. These expectations will be agreed and explained with the pupils and will incorporate our school values: Respect, Courage, Resilience and Friendship.
- Value and celebrate individual, team and class achievements.
- Keep parents and carers informed about their child(ren)’s progress and behaviour, as well as their termly curriculum. Communication between home and school will be verbal, through notices, newsletters, email, the school website and text.
- Welcome parental and carer input and respond to any questions or concerns as quickly as possible in all aspects of school life.
- Offer our pupils opportunities to develop a sense of responsibility, form healthy social relationships and build their self-esteem.
- Provide books for daily reading practice and set relevant homework that supports the delivery of the curriculum and enhances pupils’ learning. This will be marked where appropriate.
- Promote good attendance and punctuality and share any concerns with parents or carers where necessary.
The Responsibilities of the Parents/Carers
All parents/carers aim to:
- Embrace the school’s aims and values.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines on learning, behaviour and attendance.
- Ensure that their child(ren) wears the full uniform for school, PE and Forest School. Badgemore Primary School - School Uniform List
- Make sure their child attends school regularly and on time, notifying the school by 9:00am if their child will be absent.
- Encourage their child to try their best so they can reach their full potential including supporting with daily reading and completing all homework within the allocated time. Any issues will be raised promptly with class teachers.
- Keep the school informed of how to contact them in case of emergency.
- Communicate to the school any concerns that they have about their child that may affect their behaviour, ability to learn or happiness in school.
- Treat all members of the school community with care and respect.
- Attend parent/teacher meetings to discuss progress and work together with the school in order to achieve the best outcomes for their child.
- Read all communications sent home by the school and respond where necessary.
- Support the school’s healthy eating policy.
The Responsibilities of the Child
I will try to:
- Arrive at school on time and ready to learn.
- Do my best to do all classwork and homework on time, asking for help if I need it.
- Wear the correct school uniform/PE kit with pride.
- Respect all equipment and the school environment.
- Be respectful, friendly and caring towards all other children and adults and behave in a safe and responsible way.
- Listen to instructions from the adults at school and follow the school rules.
- Follow the playtime rules.
- Talk to a grown-up if I have a problem or worry.
To show that you have read through and discussed the above with you child(ren) and that you all agree to uphold our agreement please submit your details below.
Badgemore Primary School Home-School agreement 2021/22