Special Educational Needs
and Disability (SEND)
Badgemore Primary School is committed to providing an inclusive education that meets the needs of all our learners, including those children with additional learning needs. The small class sizes currently at Badgemore provide a very nurturing environment for vulnerable learners and we are fortunate to have teaching and support staff with a range of knowledge and skills to support our SEN pupils.
Click on the following link to view our SEN report for 2017/2018. Special Educational Needs Report for 2017-2018
Parent Partnership Oxfordshire has formed part of the new SEN and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) in Oxfordshire.
This new service has two arms, one offering impartial information, advice and support to parents of children and young people with SEN and disabilities, still called Parent Partnership, and the other providing the same service to the young people themselves.
Parent Partnership Oxfordshire aims to help parents, carers and educational professionals to work together to provide the best possible support to children with special educational needs, by:
- offering advice and training
- providing Independent Parental Supporters and Independent Supporters
- giving opportunities to get involved in council decision-making
- linking with other organisations who can offer help and support.
We encourage everyone working with a child or young person to consider the child’s own views about their education.
Other useful links
Parents with Disabled Children
A new E-Group for parents of disabled children in Oxfordshire. The aim of this group is to form a strong parent / carer led group which aims to lead the consultation process to develop the services families need. In addition the e-group can be a place for information sharing, support and advice. Interested?… email Gail Hanrahan at Gail@oxfsn.co.uk
SEN Talking Points
Want to find out about the SEN system? Looking for a chance to talk things through? Free drop-in sessions offering impartial information and advice at a centre near you. To find out more ring 01865 810516
‘Speak Out’ Support Group
The group is for parents / carers who have children diagnosed with or are in the process of being diagnosed with Aspergers, Autism, Dyspraxia and ADHD. The group meets in Didcot. For details contact Amanda Jones (Home School Link Worker) on 07825 823449 or Teresa Connelly (Parent) on 07787818872
Oxfordshire’s Sensory Bus has been refitted with soft play equipment, a slide and ball pool. To arrange a visit to a child with special needs living in a rural area please contact Trudy on 07765 665199
Other useful links for parents of children with SEN :
- Sibs: for brothers and sisters of disabled adults and children
- Ican: I CAN works to support the development of speech, language and communication skills in all children with a special focus on those who find this hard: children with speech, language and communication needs.
- For Parents by Parents: advice for parents by parents
- Kids zone: providing advice, information and support to the parents of all disabled children