We were extremely lucky today because Oliver brought in the helmet that his Granddad wore when he was a fireman. Everyone tried it on and together we made a list of all of the things we found interesting.
- The helmet is a yellow as a banana and as bright as a daisy.
- It is very, very heavy and hard!
- It feels as heavy as a rock.
- It smells old and smoky.
- Oliver’s Granddad might have felt scared but very brave when he wore it.
- We wonder ‘how many fires might Oliver’s Granddad might have put out whilst wearing the helmet?’
We ‘re very excited to visit Henley Fire Station tomorrow and Oliver’s Granddad’s helmet was the perfect prop to prepare us!