Tandoori Spiced Salmon with Pilau Rice and Bombay Saag Aloo
Fresh Salmon Fillets – 4
Natural Yoghurt – 4tbls
Curry Powder – 2tsp
Paprika – 1tsp
Lemon – 1
Easy Cooked Long Grain Rice – 200g (cooked weight)
Turmeric – 1tsp
Spinach Leaf – 100g
Cooked New Potatoes – 200g
Garlic clove – finely chopped
Fresh Ginger 1tblsp finely chopped
Small Onion – 1 (finely diced)
Red Pepper – 1 (large diced)
Vegetable Oil – 1tbls
Fresh Coriander – 20g
- In a large bowl place the yoghurt, 1 tsp curry powder, paprika and lemon juice stir and add the salmon fillets and thoroughly coat in the mix.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and add the salmon, turn the heat down and gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice in a saucepan or heat through a steamer adding the turmeric
- In a pan heat half the oil, add the garlic, ginger and onion, cook until soft, add the peppers cook for 1 minute, add the rest of the curry powder stir through the cooked potatoes and wilt through the fresh spinach and coriander.
- To serve place the hot rice into a ramekin and turn out onto a plate . Place the Saag Aloo onto the plate and place the cooked salmon onto the Saag Aloo.
Twice Cooked Parmesan Chicken on a bed of Spring Onion Pasta served with a Chunky Tomato and Basil Sauce
Chicken Fillets – 400g
Chunky Diced Fresh Tomatoes – 2
Fresh Basil – 10 leaves
Finely Chopped Fresh Garlic – 2 cloves
Fine Diced Spanish Onions – 1 large
Vegetable Oil – 50ml
Black Pepper – 2 pinches
Parmesan Cheese – 3tbls
Pre Cooked Pasta Shells – 200g
Chopped Tomatoes Tinned – 400g
Sliced Yellow Pepper – 1
Sliced Spring Onions – 60g
Sour Cream – 50 ml
- Heat half the oil in a wok or saucepan, add the chicken breast with the parmesan cheese and pan fry until golden brown each side place the chicken into a steamer or oven at 180c until thoroughly cooked
- In a separate wok or small saucepan heat the remainder of the oil and lightly cook the garlic being careful not to brown it, add the onions until they go soft, add the fresh chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, add the chopped tinned tomatoes, black pepper and bring to a simmer, add the yellow peppers and turn off the heat.
- Place the cooked pasta with spring onion into a separate tear of the steamer or cover in boiling water to heat for 5 minutes
- Place the chicken breasts onto a plate and rest for 1 minute
- Place the hot pasta onto 4 warm plates with fresh basil leaves, place the chicken breasts onto the pasta and gently divide the sauce over the chicken. Spoon lightly the sour cream over your dish,
Serves 4 portions